On any given night, there are hundreds of thousands of Australians who don’t have a bed to call their own. Whether they’re sleeping rough, crashing on a friend’s couch, or hoping to find a room in a refuge, they’ll all be wishing for the comfort of home. If you’ve gotten used to taking your own bed for granted, on Friday October 20, we challenge you and your family to spend just one night in the spare room (or your garage – pitch a tent in the lounge room; whatever works for you) and spare a thought for those who don’t have the luxury of their own mattress each night.
Download your Spare Room Sleep-out pack for $20, and we’ll donate the money to helping put a roof over the heads of those in need. Show your support with the hashtag #SpareRoomSleepout
Spare Room Sleep-out Packs contain:
- Spotify playlists from Spare Keys ambassadors, so you can rock out in your spare room
- A special edition of Cards Against Humanity you can download and play, called ‘Cards for Humanity’
- A book of bedtime stories from well-known authors for kids of all ages
- A colouring in book for adults (one of those Zen ones) and kids (with lions and giraffes) to help pass the time
- A special spare room Snapchat filter
- Other fun goodies
And, while you’re at it, register your spare keys to help those who need them most.